Welcome to our Blog

Follow the antics of our family.
See the Sees



Saturday, September 17, 2011

Second Family~~ Second Wind (amended)

  • These darlings rolled around in the back of the station wagon for years, while I spent afternoons transporting the older boys to things like, scouts, hunters safety, football, baseball, wrestling, piano lessons, you name it
  • A friend once asked the kids where they grew up...they shrugged and ran  off to play.  She said to me in an off stage whisper, "I thought they might say~~Chevy, Chevy, Idaho~~".
  • When Travis, Kyle, Greg and Cory had all graduated from High School, I should have been able to breathe, but I looked around me at my younger kids who had just finished 6th, 4th and 2nd grades, and realized, I needed to get my "second wind", I would be going through it all again for the next 10 years!
  • These kids are removed from the "first" family by almost a 6 year gap.
  • As my mom would say, "Those kids are thick as thieves!"
  • I love that they are close and make time to see each other every few weeks.
  • Also am amused that 9 times out of 10 they pose in birth order for pictures.
  • It's like they are Suzi's protectors.  :)
  • I wish my older kids had gotten to be close to her too, although middle child, Cory, did some, and while both Travis and Suzi lived in Boise for a season, Travis did take her out for a lunch date quite frequently (big smile).
  • Love you monkeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop by and say hello