Welcome to our Blog

Follow the antics of our family.
See the Sees



Monday, March 12, 2012

My 200th post...

And what do I post about???
Food
of course!!!
That's what drives my life!
I got a bug for trying German food,
and bought a Spaetzle maker.
I made Spaetzle and cheese (Jarlsburg) with smokey bacon and sauteed onion rings on top.
Yummy!
This weekend I made a homemade chicken noodle soup and made spaetzle noodles to add to it,
so very good.
I made the soup base by boiling a chicken carcus left over from other meals (was a rotisserie chicken)
added some chopped carrot, celery, onion, smokey bacon, chicken meat that I picked off the bones, a few boullion cubes to jazz up the flavor, a little gravy mix for body, a left over steamed potatoe cut up.  When I got that far it tasted great but just didn't have quite enough stuff in it, so I made half a batch of spaetzle noodles...perfect!
Love homemade soups during cold weather.
You?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop by and say hello